Mother's Day

7:02 PM Edit This 0 Comments »
This day has been a bittersweet one for me for the last several years. After 3 miscarriages and finally coming to terms that having children just wasn't in the cards for me, I married a man with 2 amazing kids. Then, out of the blue, along came the chance to adopt Davis and now I am the proud "mother" to three children that mean the world to me.

I still tear up at times thinking about the baby that I won't ever carry myself but my life is so full and I'm so incredibly grateful for all that I have.

Betsi, who will be 15 this year has grown into such a beautiful, talented, caring person. I find myself constantly amazed by her and her spirit. She is open and friendly and makes friends with everyone she meets. Her sensitivity and intelligence combine to create a wonderful young woman.

Liam will be 10 in just 2 months, such a difference from that 3 year old little guy I fell absolutely in love with all those years ago. He has a knack for being just as random as I and the two of us can entertain each other with our randomness for hours. His laugh and his smile are the first things that come to my mind when I think of him. I love watching him learn and grow and question.

Davis, who I cannot believe will be 3 in July, completes the trio. He is so smart and talking in paragraphs, telling stories, and becoming a very growing up little guy. He lights up a room with his laughter and is always very very busy. When I snuggle him close I feel like everything is perfect.

I just wanted to say thank you to the man that introduced all of this love and wonder into my life and to the 3 amazing children who allow me to be their "mother".

I love you guys so so so much.

0 comments: